Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Indie Glitter Explosion

I've bought so many indie polishes over the last several months that I realized I wasn't going to be able to swatch all of them anytime soon, so I decided to do a sampler post, choosing one polish from each brand I came to in my swatching box (okay, one of my swatching boxes; there are newer boxes I'll deal with later).

First up, I have Between Two Worlds from Fanchromatic Nails, an etsy shop that offers "polish for the geek in you". I am not the right flavor of geek to get all the references in the polish names, but I know pretty polish when I see it. Between Two Worlds is a blue-leaning slightly dusty medium purple with a glitter mix that is mostly silver, green, and brown. I used three coats plus topcoat for this swatch. You may notice a few bubbles; those are from the topcoat (and my impatience in not taking the time to thin the ancient bottle I was using).







Next up I have Dark Parades from Pahlish. This is a dark purple jelly packed with so much glitter and shimmer I can't even attempt listing all the colors I see. The base pulls very blue on me for some reason; I've seen other people's swatches of this that are much more a true purple. Regardless, it's a gorgeous glitterfest. I used two thick coats plus topcoat.









It was hard to pick just one polish to feature from the collection that Happy Hands did inspired by the television show Arrested Development. I picked Tricks Are Something a Whore Does For Money ... Or Candy, which may hold the record for longest name in my stash. This is a super blingy combination of silver, gold, green, and holographic glitters. I used three thin coats plus topcoat; there is a hint of visible nail line but I barely noticed since I was so entranced by the sparkle and shine and stars.







For my last dip into the indie glitter pool on this particular day, I have Coffeeshop Politics from Polish Revolution. This is mix of mostly warm toned glitters in a clear base. I see pink and wine and copper plus silver and holographic pieces. Because this does have a clear base, I put it over Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme, using three coats of Coffeeshop Politics plus topcoat over the black. (I unfortunately don't have a good photo of the front label, but you can see what they look like on her etsy page.)








These particular polishes may not be in stock in these shops right now, but I'm pretty sure if you like glitter there will be something there to intrigue you, if not right this minute, then whenever each of them restocks.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar