Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Loki's Nail Vinyls

     
     For my second post today I have the pleasure of reviewing a brand new nail vinyl company, Loki's Nail Vinyls. I'm sure you have heard of Lokis Lacquer around the nail art community. It's actually run by a girl named Tara and she has an amazing blog that I can get lost in for hours.  Well after getting many questions about nail vinyls over the last 12 months she has decided to start her own line. And guess what, her shop opens today with worldwide shipping!

    I decided to create 2 looks with the vinyls that I was sent to share with you today. The first one is a gradient so I could test out the nail aprons. I really wanted to do this one first because I have a feeling the nail aprons will be a big seller. They are available in 2 sizes and what makes them different is that they come in 2 pieces. That means you can get a better fit around your nail. No more gaps where you had to bend or crease the wrap to get a proper fit.


     Another great feature of the wraps is that they are reusable. I used the same set for my entire manicure.


     Because of the proper fit, you get hardly any clean up as you can see here by this poorly done gradient. Just a tip, don't try to do a gradient on a bare nail it's a PITA. I probably would have had even less clean up if I had added a base coat of white first. Then I wouldn't have tried using so much polish on the sponge to get coverage.

     For my finished look, I used these cute vinyls to create the silhouette of a man as an accent to my manicure. I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White and Rimmel Caramel Cupcake as my gradient colors.



     All nail vinyls are made from a plastic product and will melt over time when a solvent-based liquid is put over them. A quick dry top coat is best to apply when leaving them on like stickers. Tara recommends Seche Vite after testing out a few. I actually used Out the Door and had no issues after wearing the vinyls for 24 hours.

     For my next look, I used the French tip guides for a sideways half moon manicure with an art deco feel. The colors I used for this look are Orly Luxe, OPI 4 in the Morning and a white striper.


     The vinyls are quite sticky, if you use them as stencils I recommend sticking them to the back of your hand a few times to remove some of the tackiness. Otherwise, you run the risk of pulling off your base color when trying to remove them. Trust me on this one.  Also, I noticed these vinyls are thicker than others that I have used, making them better quality, and easier to reposition without damaging the shape.

     All of Loki's nail Vinyls are available at http://lokisnailvinyls.storenvy.com and come in your choice of color. (With the exception of the basic chevron and French tip) Eventually, there will be an option of a custom service for designs, but there is already a wide variety to choose from. I hope you like the designs I created. I'll have more in the next coming weeks to share with you. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!








Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar